New Firmware Release 1.091 beta

Manual Updates
Firmware Updates and beta releases
New Features requested by Users

New Firmware Release 1.091 beta

Postby Pimaster » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:59 am

Hi,
If you need it urgently use the 1.091 version when most of improvements has been fixed (including the relay matter) or wait until evening when we release the final 1.10.

https://app.box.com/s/yzm208vht7zls3ry56nb

Warmest Regards
Ioannis
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Re: New Firmware Release 1.091 beta

Postby erik001 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:15 pm

hi

I just reveived the stack high profile upis advanced,it came with the firmware version 1.091,but the upis will not turn of power of the raspberry when it has shut down,the red light stays on.
i read that it is a bug in this version of the firmware,but when will the fixed firmware be released.I can downgrade the upis,but there are other bugs in that firmware.
I understand that the development of the firmware takes lots of time,but in each post you say that the official firmware will be released later that evening,but nothing happens.

greets erik
erik001

Postby Pimaster » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:59 am

Hi,

Please find my answer in the text

hi

I just reveived the stack high profile upis advanced,
OK

it came with the firmware version 1.091,but the upis will not turn of power of the raspberry when it has shut down,the red light stays on.
i read that it is a bug in this version of the firmware,but when will the fixed firmware be released.I can downgrade the upis,but there are other bugs in that firmware.
Look, the official release of firmware is the 1.0, however due to multiple customers requests we implement many, many features even not have in mind (increase the current, add PICo interface etc)
I'm so sorry about this bug we are hardly working to fix it and very soon it will be released, but it is embedded software will multiple interrupt and semi multitasking functionality running on a 8 bit micro controller so some time if bug is very deep could take a time.

I understand that the development of the firmware takes lots of time,but in each post you say that the official firmware will be released later that evening,but nothing happens.
You are right, it is exactly due to fact of the nature of some bugs looks easy, we fix them , and when more testing in multiple conditions see again them on the front

greets erik
we are working hardly to fix the last of them and the new firmware release will be soon with you.

Warmest Regards
Pi Master
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby n0ahg » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:49 pm

A bug was found and needs to be fixed before release. I spent most of a Sunday afternoon helping to identify the bug and a I'm more than happy to help out where I can. Give them time, there are a small and friendly company.
n0ahg

Postby Pimaster » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi, We found it, but extensively testing now, in order to avoid release again with bug. It must be tested in so much conditions, in order to be sure.
So very soon will be released together with all other promised options
Warmest Regards
Pi Master
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby n0ahg » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:53 pm

I prefer to wait longer and have a stable firmware than you try to rush it out to hit deadlines! My experience with pimodules has been first rate.
n0ahg

Postby juiba » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi,

While we are awaiting for new release is there any version which would power off Raspberry correctly when it has been shut down? I tried version 1.0, but unfortunately it seem not to support command i2cget -y 1 0x6A 0.

Best regards, Jussi
juiba

Postby n0ahg » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 pm

1.06 beta seems to work OK for basic UPS functions
n0ahg

Postby nickglowsindark » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:55 pm

I was using 1.061 beta and still having problems, all related to power being restored during the shutdown process. I haven't tried anything earlier than that version, but I'd recommend being careful with that sort of thing for now. I ended up having to reflash the firmware to recover from whatever state that put it in.
nickglowsindark

Beta Testers Required

Postby Pimaster » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi, The firmware is ready, however this time, I would kindly ask you for a beta testers before we release it officially
Therefore, if somebody interesting to participate in the beta testing, would very helpful for us.

Any volunteer should send personal message to PiMaster. The we will send him, the internal version for testing as also a description of functionality.

Thank you in advance for help

My Warmest Regards
Pi Master
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin