Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Manual Updates
Firmware Updates and beta releases
New Features requested by Users

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby juiba » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:26 pm

SteveMilner wrote:
juiba wrote:
SteveMilner wrote:My kids were not pleased that during the long trips through France I had to keep resetting the Pi after it failed to boot back up at power on.

Basically after the first stop for the day - no more films available for the kids to watch films!

I feel your (and your kids) pain. Are you sure this is firmware issue? I'm using newest firmware and not experiencing this kind of problem: my UPiS will shutdown nicely and will cut power automatically after a while. When power restores, everything comes up smoothly. Only issue what there might be is that if power is restored when system has been halted, but UPiS has not cut power - then things do not go as at the movies, but this happens very rarely as thetime between shutdown and poweroff is less than one minute.

I am currently on older firmware, and the issue appeared when I turned off the ignition and then turned it back on again within a reasonably short space of time. Filling up with fuel would cause this to happen.

I was reading the issues round the 1.096 firmware and assumed it was the same so decided to hold out for the 2.0 firmware.

Perhaps I should update to 1.096 and do some tests, but would still prefer the 2.0 firmware.

Yes, you might want to give it a try. I am pretty pleased with the latest release (only thing which I am a bit worried about is temperature monitoring maybe not working properly, but I have scripted that as well). Maybe also add some sort of delay to shutdown as UPiSes battery will last easily filling up the tank? I have set 5-10 min delay to shutdown depending whether network is available or not (due to syncing driving data to cloud) - if you like I can share that script with you as well.
juiba

Postby SteveMilner » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:06 pm

juiba wrote:
I am currently on older firmware, and the issue appeared when I turned off the ignition and then turned it back on again within a reasonably short space of time. Filling up with fuel would cause this to happen.

I was reading the issues round the 1.096 firmware and assumed it was the same so decided to hold out for the 2.0 firmware.

Perhaps I should update to 1.096 and do some tests, but would still prefer the 2.0 firmware.

Yes, you might want to give it a try. I am pretty pleased with the latest release (only thing which I am a bit worried about is temperature monitoring maybe not working properly, but I have scripted that as well). Maybe also add some sort of delay to shutdown as UPiSes battery will last easily filling up the tank? I have set 5-10 min delay to shutdown depending whether network is available or not (due to syncing driving data to cloud) - if you like I can share that script with you as well.

I've already got a delay in, I must check to see what it is set to. Thanks for the offer on the script, but once the power has dropped the network will automatically be gone, so I've no need to check.

Cheers,
Stephen
SteveMilner

Postby juiba » Sun May 24, 2015 1:05 pm

New estimation for new firmware was 3-4 weeks. Now five weeks have passed, are there any news yet?
juiba

Postby tomrossi » Tue May 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi
after update to 1.096 the system told me ALL FINE, but now LED big blue, big red, BAT LED and UPS LED are ON.

If i check the I2C, the table is empty

What did i wrong, i followed the instructions here. In the beginning i had the problem with the timeout, but after updating the script it was working, but......

Please give me a tip, thx
nice regards
Thomas
tomrossi

Postby Pimaster » Tue May 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi,

What device do you have ? UPiS or UPS PIco ? What color have your board RED or Green ?

You have probably upload a wrong software to a wrong board.

BR PiM
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby tomrossi » Wed May 27, 2015 8:06 am

Hi
i have created two threads for the same problem, sorry.
Can we close this one, thx
tomrossi

Postby MoonTEC » Wed May 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Why close? Question about new firmware is still unanswered.
MoonTEC

Postby Pimaster » Wed May 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi,
Nothing close, the tomrossi created 2 threads about his problem, and by mistake (as far I understand) also in this UPiS Tree. So, mentioned to close his mistake and not this one. Regarding your question, we passed most of the PIco firmware source to the UPiS, and hopefully next week we will start testing it, The completely new version of firmware for the UPiS 2.0

BR PiM
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby MoonTEC » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:09 pm

More than one month has passed since last message about new UPiS firmware. Is there any release status updates?
MoonTEC

Postby juiba » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:17 am

Next week one whole year has passed since release of latest version (1.096). Should this be celebrated somehow, for instance by releasing new firmware version? :)
juiba

PreviousNext

Return to UPiS Manual and Firmware Updatess - current version 1.096 beta