Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Manual Updates
Firmware Updates and beta releases
New Features requested by Users

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby SteveMilner » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Can you give us an expected release date for the 2.0 firmware please?
SteveMilner
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 am

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby Pimaster » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Hi,

Until end of March will be released. Many parts are similar to the PIco, so both will be very similar.

My Warmest Regards
PiM
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby juiba » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:24 am

Pimaster wrote:Until end of March will be released. Many parts are similar to the PIco, so both will be very similar.

March 2015, or?
juiba
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby Pimaster » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:11 am

Working on it, and copying a big part of PIco to this,
Warmest Regards
PiM
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby SteveMilner » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:18 am

Mid April now and still no 2.0 firmware.

This product I though would solve my needs, in fact discussions with manufactures prior to purchase assured me that it would.

Until the current problems are resolved by the 2.0 firmware release my in-car Pi Media Server project has been sitting gone the shelf.

My kids were not pleased that during the long trips through France I had to keep resetting the Pi after it failed to boot back up at power on.

Basically after the first stop for the day - no more films available for the kids to watch films!

Summer is coming round again, and I've a long trip through France and Spain planned.

I'm hoping I won't be incurring the wrath of the children again.

Can we have an accurate release date for 2.0 please?
SteveMilner
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 am

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby SteveMilner » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:54 am

Please post an accurate release date for Version 2.0
SteveMilner
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 am

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby metaxas4 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:15 pm

SteveMilner wrote:Please post an accurate release date for Version 2.0

+1
metaxas4
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby Pimaster » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi,

The UPiS and PIco have the same controller PIC18F25K20. However the PIco's firmware is much simpler due to fact that only two powering modes are available : RPi/BAT and LPR. Therefore the debugging and development process is much, much simpler. Most of the parts about 70-80% are common, however we are developing it on the PIco due to simplicity. As far we close the PIco, that means we finished the structure of the functionality and routines for it, we will move them directly to the UPiS. It is not so far, but an estimation is about 3-4 weeks, due to various problems we found during the firmware development and real time response of it. Please kindly notice that UPiS is still alive and we will not stop further firmware development also after release 2.0

I know we promised may times to finish it, but the 2.0 version is completely different, and much more advanced, so it is practically new product on the same hardware.

Just for your info, a new UPiS2 HAT is also on the way, but it is a new product with completely different controller and much more advanced functionality.

Warmest Regards
PiM
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 am

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby juiba » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:48 pm

SteveMilner wrote:My kids were not pleased that during the long trips through France I had to keep resetting the Pi after it failed to boot back up at power on.

Basically after the first stop for the day - no more films available for the kids to watch films!


I feel your (and your kids) pain. Are you sure this is firmware issue? I'm using newest firmware and not experiencing this kind of problem: my UPiS will shutdown nicely and will cut power automatically after a while. When power restores, everything comes up smoothly. Only issue what there might be is that if power is restored when system has been halted, but UPiS has not cut power - then things do not go as at the movies, but this happens very rarely as thetime between shutdown and poweroff is less than one minute.
juiba
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby SteveMilner » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:43 pm

juiba wrote:
SteveMilner wrote:My kids were not pleased that during the long trips through France I had to keep resetting the Pi after it failed to boot back up at power on.

Basically after the first stop for the day - no more films available for the kids to watch films!


I feel your (and your kids) pain. Are you sure this is firmware issue? I'm using newest firmware and not experiencing this kind of problem: my UPiS will shutdown nicely and will cut power automatically after a while. When power restores, everything comes up smoothly. Only issue what there might be is that if power is restored when system has been halted, but UPiS has not cut power - then things do not go as at the movies, but this happens very rarely as thetime between shutdown and poweroff is less than one minute.


I am currently on older firmware, and the issue appeared when I turned off the ignition and then turned it back on again within a reasonably short space of time. Filling up with fuel would cause this to happen.

I was reading the issues round the 1.096 firmware and assumed it was the same so decided to hold out for the 2.0 firmware.

Perhaps I should update to 1.096 and do some tests, but would still prefer the 2.0 firmware.
SteveMilner
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to UPiS Manual and Firmware Updatess - current version 1.096 beta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest