New version when ?

Manual Updates
Firmware Updates and beta releases
New Features requested by Users

New version when ?

Postby dakota127 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi Ioannis

A week ago you said that a new version will be available (for Pi Model B+) in 2 -3 days. Now I wonder what happened to it. Still working on it?

Peter
dakota127

Re: New version when ?

Postby Pimaster » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi Peter,

We are still testing it, as we have updated all missed features and many people asking for them. What I can do, I can confirm that until, end of this week we will release this update (that will contain B+ update as also some other long time promised and not closed until now).
We are working 7 days a week, so week is ending on Sunday.

My Warmest Regards
Pi Master
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby eao » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello.
Do you have any news? We are all waiting for a new full firmware version (and it's a long, long time since your 1st "I can confirm that until, end of this week we will release this update").
Thanks.
eao
eao

Postby Pimaster » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Hi,
You are right, the new product UPS PIco delayed us little bit, however as it is the same processor finally, the biggest part of the firmware is the same. This week we should release it with all promised extra and requested features.

Sorry for the delay,

My Warmest Regards
PiMaster
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby Pier » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Pimaster wrote:Hi,
You are right, the new product UPS PIco delayed us little bit, however as it is the same processor finally, the biggest part of the firmware is the same. This week we should release it with all promised extra and requested features.

Sorry for the delay,

My Warmest Regards
PiMaster

Could you please give us an exact date? I have been coming to the site every week just to find out the official firmware release is going to be release "in a few days".

I have bought the upis advanced more than 1 year ago and still running beta software. It is really not acceptable. If I'd do that to my customers I'd be already out of business.

Best regards, Pier
Pier

Postby Pimaster » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:40 pm

Hi,
The UPiS you bought is 100% compliant with what is written on the manual.

It is doing exactly what we have specified and sold to you and other customers.

However as it is a live product we following customers requests, and updated this product with many non specified at the beginning, and even not pre defined, functions, increasing the current, adding the I2C interface (the PICo one) etc.

It cause a need to write a completely new firmware, as the former one was too simple to handle the whole updates.

There are only some small things (from the new updated and advanced firmware) missing from the final version, OK, are important to some customers, but not critical. We are working on it, but it takes a time, as the real-time firmware running on such small processor can take. Due to fact that new Raspberry Pi B+ has been released we was obligated to release product that handles the new device in order to support the Raspberry Pi, as far the old one - the UPiS cover most of the added after release functionality quite good. Yes, you are right we have done many postpones, but we also in the mean time released new versions, so you are not waiting so long.

I can say that, we are hardly working on it, and due to fact that the new UPS PIco and UPiS finally has the same micro controller, we work on the firmware on both of them. So, in next days we will release the new firmware for the UPiS. Please keep in mind that UPiS is still alive product, and firmware will be continuously upgraded.

Hope I covered you with my answer
My Warmest Regards
Ioannis
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby Pier » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:51 pm

The only official release on the site is version 1.0. The manual is a preliminary version. Looking at the firmware roadmap, the final version should be 1.50. I was just expecting to get advertised features within a reasonable time. Thank you for the answer. Regards, Pier
Pier

Postby Pimaster » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Dear Pier,

You can easy use the 1.096. It is doing much more than promised. What feature is so urgent to you, and we will pay more focus to close it asap. What bug, is not satisfies you, please report in order to correct. We are hardly working to make this device as best as possible.

Please specify what of the new feature is so important to you and we will close it asap. We will pay more attention to closed it first.

Awaiting for your reply in order to support you !!
Thank you and Warmest Regards
Ioannis
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby Pier » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Pimaster wrote:
Please specify what of the new feature is so important to you and we will close it asap. We will pay more attention to closed it first.

Every feature is important because I have paid for it. I want you to release the firmware. I don't want to run any beta. I don't want to buy any other new product such as UPS PIco. I want you to give priority to old customers instead of collection pre-orders!

Please pay more attention to these issues.

Best Regards, Pier
Pier

Postby Pimaster » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Dear Pier,
The official firmware is the version 1.0, and due to small bug we indicated just after release in the RTC the next one, with correction, is the 1.03. This is following the manual. All other long list of @commands as also the full PICo interface has been added to the standard version. Therefore you got what you have paid, I mean the functionality we described in the manual. Yes, many functionality has been changed, and redefined due to improved the firmware. In fact the UPiS, is now a complete different product, than specified before. OK, there are some small bugs, but not so extremely important. We are working on them, and releasing newer and newer firmware. I'm not forcing you or others to buy the PIco, and definitely not collecting order as you mentioning, but please take into account, that B+ is a reality and we must adopt to it. I'm giving priority to all customers old and new, until today there are only "old" customers. As the B+ is reality we updating the UPiS also to B+. I promised and soon, during next 10 days we will release next version of firmware correcting everything we have indicated until now. However please kindly notice that we are bombarded by email with new and new features required by customers. Exactly as you have a dedicated request more advanced than the specified ones, I asked to support you as an old customer.

Strongly believe that the new firmware release will satisfy you additional request covering them as also all other.

Please be patient little bit more
My Warmest Regards
Ioannis
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin