Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Manual Updates
Firmware Updates and beta releases
New Features requested by Users

Re: Firmware Updates - current Version 1.096

Postby Pimaster » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi,
Please accept my apologize and try to understand.

The UPS PIco and UPiS have the same micro controller. Therefore 90-95 of firmware is the same. We are writing it structured so can be easy moved. However until we do not finish the PIco we do not have anything to move to UPiS. You have my promise that the UPiS is not dead and the firmware will be updated with the V2.0. But it will be a modified (adapted) version of PIco to it with most of functionality, and even some more. In a date when I will release the PIco final 1.0 I expect it in this months, the with one week will release the similar UPiS 2.0 based on it.

The most time consuming part that take us out of any time schedule also for the PIco is the Event Triggered Time Based ON/OFF scheduler, that will be also available for the UPiS.

Please also kindly notice that within September we plan to release the UPi2S, the new HAT version of the UPiS, but this time with different processor. It will be not compatible. After release of the UPiS Firmware of 2.0, we will not longer update the firmware for the UPiS, just correct some bugs if any.

UPiS is out kid, and we do not kill our kids !!!

My Warmest Regards
PiM
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby MoonTEC » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:11 pm

What expectations for UPiS firmware?
MoonTEC

Postby lorddef » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:42 am

Still no news on firmware. Has this been abandoned? The silence would seem to suggest so. :(
lorddef

Postby hamish » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:12 am

Yeah... A bit crap really...
hamish

Postby SlySven » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:38 pm

It is approximately 2.5 years since the last firmware update for the UPiS despite the assertion "We do not kill our kids" it is hard to believe there has not been some sort of infanticide... :(
SlySven

Postby SlySven » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 am

Pimaster wrote:Hi,

The actual version is covering most of old and some new requested issues. However there is a new version 2.0, going to be release just after Christmas holidays. It will closing hopefully all open issues and will contain also new updated manual.

My Warmest Regards
Pi Master

Is there any chance that the final as I understand it version of software for the UPiS Basic and Advanced devices will happen to see the light of day by, say, Christmas 2017 it has been pretty much 3 Years though since the last bugfix beta release and at least you are no longer saying the next week or two and other attempts at pacifying the users of your creations. In the past as a significant user of RPi Stack Exchange I used to point out the UPiS and its successor the PICO series as a useful way to keep a Raspberry Pi up and running 24/7 but over the years I am coming to the conclusion that your products offer much but do not deliver significant chunks of what is on the tin and that you are diving forward into new products rather than cleaning up the issues of the old ones - and I guess that I would have to advise users of your products that they must accept that if they do not get something that works as the documentation says it should then they only have a short window of time in which you will focus on their issues before you lose interest to work on newer more shiny things... :evil:

Am I mistaken in this believe or are you happy to let your children wither away through neglect - even if you do not actively seek to kill them off...?
SlySven

Previous

Return to UPiS Manual and Firmware Updatess - current version 1.096 beta