PiV3 Reboots randomly

Support for the UPS PIco HV3.0A Plus and UPS PIco HV3.0B Plus

PiV3 Reboots randomly

Postby RDK_Pi » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:17 am

I have a PiV3B with a PIco HV3.0A UPS module (firmware 38). The OS is Stretch and was recently (Nov 2017) built from a new download. The unit is set up as a Bridge so I can monitor internet traffic from an "internet Appliance". It is running headless.

All seems to be working correctly except periodically randomly reboots. I say random as I have not identified a cause. If I look at the /var/log/syslog I can see where it rebooted, but there is no error message just preceding that event, nor after. There is sometimes a line of "@^@^@^@^@^@^", but not always.

I have searched the web for ideas/causes and the most frequent answer is "POWER". The PiV3 is a "power hungry" unit.

I have actually viewed one of these events yesterday, the UPS PIco blinking blue light was blinking normally when the PiV3 beeped, the CPU light flickered, the blue like started to blink faster, and after a few second everything appeared to come back to normal. I checked the syslog and sure enough the unit had rebooted.

Since the power strip for the 5V 2.5 Amp "Official" Raspberry Pi power supply is itself on an APC UPS power backup unit and the PiV3 itself is "protected" by the PIco UPS module, I have to question if I really have a power problem.

Thus, I'm looking for other ideas/causes. Any ideas, answers or solutions?.....RDK
RDK_Pi

Re: PiV3 Reboots randomly

Postby Pimaster » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:00 am

Hi,
Please install the 0xf6 and confirm if it happens again
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Re: PiV3 Reboots randomly

Postby RDK_Pi » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm

PiMaster....Thanks for the reply, however, I'm not sure what you mean by "Please install the 0xf6 ". Can you elaborate for my benefit?....RDK
RDK_Pi

Return to UPS PIco HV3.0A Plus and HV3.0B Plus