i2c board

Support for the UPS PIco HV3.0A, UPS PIco HV3.0 A Plus, UPS PIco HV3.0A Terminal Block products, sd also for updated hardware HV3.0B

i2c board

Postby natxopedreira » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Hello

i have a UPS pico HV3.0 board on my rpi3 installed an running ok, but im having an issue.

When running i2cdetect the board not show, i have the ups led bliking and i i remove the power supply the ups keeps the pi up and after timeout it shut down ok so the ups its working ok.

I tried to mount my i2c expansion board that was previously working and not work, when running i2cdetect nothing shows (ups not show, expansion board not show) if i remove the ups board the i2c expansion board works.....

This command return nothing... al --
Code: Select all
sudo i2cdetect -y 1
natxopedreira

Re: i2c board

Postby Pimaster » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi,
Please download a ready image of OS provided on the forum, test is and report what you see
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby natxopedreira » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanks!

While waiting for the post to be approved, i did what its recommended in that post http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6227

please try to restart PIco with "UR" button. It should make start sequence - 3 user LEDs go on for about 2sec, and then go off. "UPS" LED then goes on, and start blinking if getting response from PICOFSSD daemon. Then try again i2cdetect:

And now it works, its a correct solution? im worried to know if it will happen again..... as i don't know what was the cause

I implemented the ups in a almost finished product so i will not prefer to load a new system,if you can tell me what you think than can be the cause? and what should i need to do instead of loading a clean system.

Thanks!
natxopedreira

Postby natxopedreira » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello

Thanks, while waiting for the post to be approved, i did what was recommended here as the symptom was similar
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6227
Hi,

please try to restart PIco with "UR" button. It should make start sequence - 3 user LEDs go on for about 2sec, and then go off. "UPS" LED then goes on, and start blinking if getting response from PICOFSSD daemon. Then try again i2cdetect:

And since did that, its working, now i2cdetect sees the ups and my expansion board.

But im a little worried, can it happen again? i don't know the cause and if the solution was the good one, i installed the ups in a running device so if possible i will prefer to not load a new system.

Did you have any clue about what was causing this and any recommendation on how to fix it permanently ????

Thanks i love the product, is the complement i need to my system!!

P.D. my pico_status returned this
UPS PIco HV3.0A Status

UPS PIco Firmware.....: 33
UPS PIco Bootloader...: 53
UPS PIco PCB Version..: 41
UPS PIco BAT Version..: LiPO (ASCII: S)
UPS PIco BAT Runtime..: 1 MIN
UPS PIco r232 State...: ON @ 34600 pbs

Powering Mode.........: RPi POWERED
BAT Percentage........: 120.0 %
BAT Voltage...........: 4.3 V
RPi Voltage...........: 4.7 V