Events Triggered RTC Based System Actions Scheduler

Support for the UPS PIco HV3.0A, UPS PIco HV3.0 A Plus, UPS PIco HV3.0A Terminal Block products, sd also for updated hardware HV3.0B

Postby Pimaster » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 am

The Events Triggered RTC Based System Actions Scheduler (ETR SAS) is a very advanced functionality that allows user to implement a simple Action (usually ON/OFF) of the Raspberry Pi®, but also a very complicated Actions Schedules depended to external events and time without or with involvement of Raspberry Pi®. This functionality can be perfectly combined with IoT or any other time dependent applications. The time resolution of the ETR SAS is based on 1 minute, however everything is adjusted with 1 second accuracy, as each start/stop is executed at the beginning (first second) of RTC counted minute. There are implemented 4 parallel working ETR SAS’s running with different set-up. That means i.e. user can set the 1st ETR SAS running at night (00:00 – 06:00) every 10 minutes, the 2nd ETR SAS to run at morning time (06:00 – 10:00) every 30 minutes, and the rest of the day every 1 minute based on 3rd ETR SAS. The ETR SAS can be based on the RTC, but can be also time independent and execute Action triggered by external Event (i.e. A/D). Action can be simple ON/OFF the Raspberry Pi® but also independent of the Raspberry PI® (without switching it ON) just activate the Auxiliary 5V@750mA. Combination of all ETR SAS produce in the result a very complicated state machine able to implement any schedule is needed by user.

ETR SAS Definitions
There are some definitions that need to be specified to have better understanding of the ETR SAS functionality. There are:
Scheduler – A state machine that maintains schedules (states)
Schedules – Set of Actions based on Events, that are executing by Scheduler. In example Action is ON/OFF Raspberry Pi® and Event is RTC every 10 minutes that fires the Action
RTC – Real Time Clock (the hardware clock/calendar used by the UPS PIco HV3.0A HAT), synchronized with Raspberry Pi® RTC. It is mandatory to have the PIco RTC synchronized with Raspberry Pi® RTC. The RTC is an EVENT.
the address 0x68 must be UU.
Event – occurrence that is used for triggering the Scheduler. It can be A/D level, IR, 1-wire, RS232, RTC Time.
Action – Result of the Scheduler activity. It can be ON/OFF the Raspberry Pi®, ON/OFF the Auxiliary 5V@750mA, Set/Reset of the Bi-Stable Relay, 1-wire, RS232. The Action does not need to have involved running the Raspberry Pi®, as it is “above of it” and can/cannot contain the ON/OFF procedure
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Re: Events Triggered RTC Based System Actions Scheduler

Postby spectropi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi Pimaster,

That is all great, but please provide some more meat to the bone. How do I set a schedule? In the last manual to the UPSpico (03_0x38_W_UPS PIco HV3.0.pdf) there are some registers (0x6d -> Running Time Stamp) related to this, which do not seem to have an effect yet. I'm on the preliminary 0x38 firmware with a 3.0A Plus. I would like to power the pi for 5 minutes, every 15 minutes. Any hints are welcome!

Cheers
spectropi

Postby Pimaster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi,
The detailed manual will be release with the firmware 0x40 where full working scheduler is implemented
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby spectropi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:18 am

Hi,

great, keep up the good work then :D! I know, this is a tricky question, but I need to plan a bit ahead with this and promised to implement the power cycling already a month ago: can you give a realistic estimate on when you may release 0x40? I don't mind so much if it takes some time, as long as I can factor that into our time planning. Much appreciated!

Cheers
spectropi

Postby Pimaster » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:09 am

Hi,
The Scheduler is working and testing a long time already. However there ware a serious bug in the Nesting Interrupts Handler. It took a long time we ware trying to fix it with/without manufacturer of the compiler. It has been solved today, and after short testing and cleaning up, we will release it. I think the realistic date now is Monday/Tuesday. The RTC Scheduler contain all declared activities regarding events, actions and multiple schedules that can be implemented. It is really a very complicated state machine. More news very soon.
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby Henrydquey » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Sounds like it could be a solid system with some work.

However, Id hesitate to enforce it for something as large as the Clan RP for various reasons. I dont really think a point-based system is necessary.
I recommend using trading system for successful trading
Henrydquey

Postby Pimaster » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi,
Exactly due to that we prefer to test more extensively the firmware before we release
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Return to UPS PIco HV3.0A and HV3.0B