LATEST Firmware Release and documentation - code 0x60

UPS PIco Firmware 1.0 Version with all features activated

Re: LATEST Firmware Release and documentation - code 0x60

Postby adeuxn » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:06 pm

Hi,

I am a bit confused as to what is the latest version of the firmware for the pico (x60?) and where to download it from.

I would be grateful for a pointer

Thanks
adeuxn
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Re: LATEST Firmware Release and documentation - code 0x60

Postby Pimaster » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi,
Use always the latest version listed on our website.
The current latest version is 0x5c

http://www.pimodules.com/index-50.html

in the downloads section
BR PiM
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 am

Re: LATEST Firmware Release and documentation - code 0x60

Postby siggi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:16 am

does this version have the timed on/off feature ?
one and a half year since i bought this product and still no sign of it ?


Pimaster wrote:Hi,
Use always the latest version listed on our website.
The current latest version is 0x5c

http://www.pimodules.com/index-50.html

in the downloads section
BR PiM
siggi
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Re: LATEST Firmware Release and documentation - code 0x60

Postby SlySven » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:05 am

DLLDevStudio wrote:
Pimaster wrote:
...
Now we are OK. I expect that next week we will release firmware version with scheduler and XTEA full working

BR PiM


hello Pimaster,

i buyed a bunch of UPS PIco and as from the product description my expectation was that XTEA is already working.
seems i was wrong.

you say "full working"

so its already partially working?

is there any guide how to use it and what it can do?

because i expected i can use it as software protection for my raspberry to hopefully can build decrypted linux that can build up "alone" so my clients with physical access to my PI´s cannot gain access to the filesystem.

please provide me some information if im totally wrong or XTEA is what i need and when i may able to use it.

best wishes

Daniel
I have to say I for one feel that the XTEA stuff is still on the drawing board :shock: - the firmware release/bug cycle for the predecessor UPiS unit promised XTEA features in release 1.40 according to the roadmap on page 7 in the manual no longer on this website - however we have been on 1.096 beta for two years now I believe, with some significant bugs that we are told will be quickly fixed with a back-port of the final 1.0 Pico code but that is still not available, instead a two digit hex code is being used for that hardware now so who knows when UPiS users will get a product that works reliably, and as described :cry: .
SlySven
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:55 am

Re: LATEST Firmware Release and documentation - code 0x60

Postby treii28 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm confused. I see the 'code 0x60' in the subject, but don't quite see what that number is referring to. The only link I appeared to see is for a 0xF5 firmware. Did I get the right thing? It seemed to update into my pico (board says rev 1.1 on it). I tried some of the other ones in the 3.0 forum and they just blanked out the plate - lighting all the lights. (luckily it could still be pushed into bootloader mode via the buttons)

from minicom after uploading hex file from link above:

Code: Select all
@version
----------------------
www.pimodules.com
UPS PIco Hardware Release: V1.10 Q
Firmware Release: V1.0 XBMC 25.06.2016 0xF5
----------------------

And is this going to work now with the old software or the new daemon based code?

I also seem to be having problems now with the hardware clock. I have the dtoverlay line in the boot cmdline.txt

dmesg shows the following regarding the ds1307:

Code: Select all
[    8.662397] rtc-ds1307: probe of 1-0068 failed with error -5
[ 1963.888372] i2c i2c-1: Failed to register i2c client ds1307 at 0x68 (-16)


running the echo to new_device in the i2c returns 'Invalid argument'


But connecting directly to the serial with minicom, the @date and @time do show changing clock values (starting at year 2000)

Code: Select all
> sudo echo ds1307 0x68 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-1/new_device
echo: write error: Invalid argument

> uname -a
Linux raspette 4.9.24+ #991 Sat Apr 22 20:22:42 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux


This is on a pi 2 A+ recently apt dist-upgrade'd and rpi-update'd to latest firmware

SW
treii28
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Previous

Return to LATEST Firmware Release and documentation - code 0x60

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest