GPIO Pins - Which ones are used by the PIco

Support for the Uninterruptible Power Supply
with Peripherals and I2C control Interface
Raspberry Pi® B+, A+, B, and A

GPIO Pins - Which ones are used by the PIco

Postby RDK_Pi » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 am

.....I'm writing a Python program to use a couple GPIO pins on a Raspberry Pi B+ with a PIco module. I'm confused about the pin labeling, GPIO (1-29) vs physical (1-40) vs BCM vs wPI. I planned to use Python GPIO routines and physical pins 29 and 31 (which if my references area correct are GPIO pins 21 and 22 and BCM pins 5 and 6).

Are these in any way conflicting with the PIco routines. The Raspberry Pi is a B+ happily running the firmware from January 2016.

Thanks....RDK
RDK_Pi

Re: GPIO Pins - Which ones are used by the PIco

Postby RDK_Pi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:32 am

Hey, Is the PiMaster listening????

By the way, it is running firmware 5C with no issues. It is located at a remote site so I won't update it until I'm actually on-site. ....RDK
RDK_Pi

Postby Wallace » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:20 pm

I doubt it. Board is as good as dead. They will come up with some excuse or another - 'Been busy with new PICO' etc.

I dare say I will get banned for saying that. But, this board is about as much use as a cat-flap on a submarine.

It's such a shame as the UPS Pico is a great product. I have 4!
Wallace

Postby SlySven » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:08 am

Wallace wrote:...It's such a shame as the UPS Pico is a great product. I have 4!
I've an older product (UPiS "Basic") and despite "them" saying they will keep supporting the old stuff we have been waiting for several years for updates and bug fixes (e.g. it is impossible to remotely tell whether the battery is charging only that the charger is "enabled" - given that I have a nice green LED that lights up when juice is being poured into the battery the fact that the software cannot tell me that that LED is on or off seems ridiculous...!) :twisted:
SlySven

Return to UPS PIco